Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Server Moved, as well as sporaxis

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

Server Moved, as well as sporaxis Empty
PostSubject: Server Moved, as well as sporaxis   Server Moved, as well as sporaxis EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:42 am

Hi All

Server has been successfully moved from Matless house of fun into my more humble abode. After a major dust cleanout and a few tense minutes where it appeared to have issues, it was up an running. The move took place late Saturday afternoon, after a nice beer with the Matless.

Bandwidth is 12mb/s Down and 1mb/s up, please let me know if there are lag related issues etc.

With the move being done and my my unpacking well underway, I can happily say that updates and such can now recommence.

Cheers

Sporaxis
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
john

PostSubject: Re: Server Moved, as well as sporaxis   Server Moved, as well as sporaxis EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:02 pm

WOOHOO! nice work matey. cant wait to see some more content about the place .
Back to top Go down
MoNKeYest1

MoNKeYest1

PostSubject: Re: Server Moved, as well as sporaxis   Server Moved, as well as sporaxis EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:31 pm

Have the connection details changed at all? Cause i dont seem to be able to direct connect with sporaxis.ath.cx:5121...
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

PostSubject: Re: Server Moved, as well as sporaxis   Server Moved, as well as sporaxis EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:57 am

he probably hasn't setup his dynamic dns in his router at home, as it would have been set in mattless's router previously, so pretty much, you'll probably find that your trying to still connect to mattless's router, with non exsistant server.. lol
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Server Moved, as well as sporaxis   Server Moved, as well as sporaxis EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:32 am

Hmm I will need to cross check my DYNDNS settings in the Router. I know I set it up but not sure if I needed to put the address as sporaxis.ath.cx or http://sporaxis.ath.cx.

On the flip side you know can see in the server listing of GameSpy.

Kudo's to iinet for setting up their BOB adsl modems to be very damn good.

Ken
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Server Moved, as well as sporaxis   Server Moved, as well as sporaxis EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Is the server down at the moment? I haven't been able to get on for a few days.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Server Moved, as well as sporaxis   Server Moved, as well as sporaxis EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Restarted it, please let me know how you go.

Spor
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Server Moved, as well as sporaxis   Server Moved, as well as sporaxis EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 5:55 pm

Still timing out for me with direct connect and I can't find the server under Roleplay.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Server Moved, as well as sporaxis   Server Moved, as well as sporaxis EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:16 pm

Intersting same issue, I will need to play with it in the Saturday afternoon and see what the issue is. More than likely a firewall/router setting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Moved, as well as sporaxis   Server Moved, as well as sporaxis Empty

Back to top Go down

Server Moved, as well as sporaxis
Page 1 of 1