Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Server Down - But up again

Go down 
+3
Barry The Hatchet
vozhd
sporaxis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

Server Down - But up again Empty
PostSubject: Server Down - But up again   Server Down - But up again EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 7:49 pm

Server had issues tonight but due to working in another room, had no idea. Seems the port on my notebook and the server switched. NFI, but something I need to keep an eye on. Server back up.
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Server Down - But up again   Server Down - But up again EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 8:54 pm

Some weird stuff with my router,but I seem to have got it sorted. Netgear DGN2000, nice modem but I recon the firewall rules nad services are a bit screwy. If anyone has issues, they need to let me know here, so I can review and remediate.

Cheers

Spor
Back to top Go down
vozhd

PostSubject: ~   Server Down - But up again EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 6:39 am

its down again now
Edit:direct connect works fine
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Server Down - But up again   Server Down - But up again EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 6:47 am

I wil remote in today from work and cross check, server started up fine this morning, however I did not perform a connection attempt. For now, best do a direct connect to sporaxis.ath.cx:5121
Back to top Go down
Barry The Hatchet

Barry The Hatchet

PostSubject: Re: Server Down - But up again   Server Down - But up again EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 7:53 am

There was a problem with GameSpy last night. It wouldn't connect via the server list.

Direct connect worked ok.
Back to top Go down
http://barry-the-hatchet.blogspot.com/
vozhd

PostSubject: ~   Server Down - But up again EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 4:16 pm

Server has failed again just now, unsure what happened as i was just in town and there was only one other player on as well
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Server Down - But up again   Server Down - But up again EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 4:23 pm

Just sorted it, auto shutdown/power saving etc. Turned that off.

So back up again.
Back to top Go down
vozhd

PostSubject: ~   Server Down - But up again EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 6:08 am

Server seems to be in some eternal darkness for me, single player and other servers work fine but when i log on here it just a black screen once its loaded me in. One pc in the port and the other in the welcome room both get the same problem can move and cast but cant see a thing. Anyone know whats up
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Server Down - But up again   Server Down - But up again EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 6:40 am

Resetting the entire, computer now. Can't pin down the issue but better to reboot from scratch. A New server will be built over the next few days to host Aeon, so that should nail a lot of the small issues.

Spor
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Server Down - But up again   Server Down - But up again EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 3:29 pm

Is it just me, or is the server gone? I cant find it in my history or when I ping it.

Mads.
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Server Down - But up again   Server Down - But up again EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 3:50 pm

Yup. Seems to have gone, no history, favourites neither. Direct connect doesnt work.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Server Down - But up again   Server Down - But up again EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 5:37 pm

It's dead fred, not sure what is going on, but trying to do a fix. Unforntunately I am in the middle of a party and hte wife frowns on me stepping out to do stuff like this, when guests are around.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Server Down - But up again   Server Down - But up again EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 5:49 pm

Right, looks like the hard disk has failed and I will not be able to recover it tonight. More than likely I can migrate bake onto to my work box, whilst I buy another Sata disk to replace the failed one. Stupid technology and ives insisting on disk being moved.

Plus with a few beers under my belt, bit hard for me to analyse the issues.

Spor
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Server Down - But up again   Server Down - But up again EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 6:34 pm

Well it is back up again and a fresh backup performed as a just in case. Wife allowed me a few minutes to fix it, so I managed to get it running via some arcane commands on the dos line.

I will still go ahead and get a new Sata drive as a just in case for the future.

Nighters.

Spor
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Server Down - But up again   Server Down - But up again EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 2:18 am

You rock Spor. And do does Mrs Spor. Cool
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Server Down - But up again   Server Down - But up again EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 3:10 am

Excellent. I'd say thanks, but you're wife deserves it more Wink

All the Hail the Mrs Spor.

I'd lie prostrate at her feet and kiss her toes, but that's probably a little innapropriate.
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Server Down - But up again   Server Down - But up again EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:43 pm

Has the server just gone down again? Got booted and cant find it....... and I had my arse full of arrows too..... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mr typoo1

PostSubject: Re: Server Down - But up again   Server Down - But up again EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:47 pm

Its up again
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Server Down - But up again   Server Down - But up again EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:56 pm

Yay!!
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Server Down - But up again   Server Down - But up again EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 2:18 pm

The Mad Hatter wrote:
Yay!!

Yay? I dunno, booting sounds less painful than an arrow filled ass. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Down - But up again   Server Down - But up again Empty

Back to top Go down

Server Down - But up again
Page 1 of 1