Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

server timeouts

Go down 
+2
Caffiene
Jamoise
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamoise

Jamoise

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:48 pm

anyone else getting timeouts when trying to connect to the server, or extreme lagg when connected? Im pretty sure its not my connection, as ive tested some downloads after, and im definitly getting my normal download speeds.

Cheers

Jamoise
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:58 pm

Yeah Ive been getting the same since this at least this morning. Cna only connect about 1 in 10 attempts at best, the rest just time out.
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 2:18 pm

maybe someone got shaped ? >.>
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 2:29 pm

Hmmm need to check with Matless, he may be streaming content or may be shaped. I will look into it.

On another note, server will be moving to my new pad in the future or maybe not. Need to chat with Matless..
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
Jamoise

Jamoise

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 3:11 pm

ps, check your mailbox spor Razz
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 8:18 am

Still having these problems...
Any updates?
Back to top Go down
john

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 8:28 am

yup same here cant log in as server keeps timing out???
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 9:04 am

Will call Matless, could be a problem. Server will migrate to my new house over next two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 9:20 am

*gasps* I might.. .have to resort to finishing my model battleship.. complete with cannons that fire ball bearings at balsa-wood destroying speeds.
Back to top Go down
john

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 12:36 pm

YARRR!
Back to top Go down
Mr typoo1

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 4:14 pm

Well.....yep the server is stuffed atm, Im not shaped, but might have a problem with my main comp bieng compromised.
Back to top Go down
Mr typoo1

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Well I'm going to shut down my main computer and see if that helps, will turn back on in 1 hour so hopefully someone has tried to log in by then.
Back to top Go down
DM_Tyro_Jimmy

DM_Tyro_Jimmy

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 4:43 pm

Attempted numerious times with both Player and DM client, timed out each and every time.

Side note some ISP's don't like people running dedicated servers on their home internet packages..... might have had upload capped for excessive use, been threatened to have my internet turned off a few times personally.

Edit: Might be worth testing your upload anyhow..... just random ideas of course Clicky Speedtest.net/

Jimmy.
Back to top Go down
Mr typoo1

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 5:08 pm

Have no idea what is going on, have to wait until spor is home.
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 5:24 pm

powered off your broadband modem for a few minutes yet? I noticed you said you turned off your computer, but if you haven't powered down and unplugged the power adaptor for the modem from the wall and left if for a few minutes, then power it back up, it might be a good start, also if you have a network switch, do the same.. unplug from the wall for a few minutes then plug back in.

Cheers

Jamoise
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:47 pm

Hmmm bit hard for me to cross check at moment, will do what I can, but until next week may be too hard due to being away and house move. Matless cycled everything up and down, I believe his system/network may be comprimised.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:55 pm

Srious timeout going on, when I VNC to server
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 8:01 pm

Ok, everything is offically sick, I will need access to server to review. COuld be something simple to something freaking weird. Expect issues and outage.
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:14 am

*A large.. er storm is brewing over stormhaven, people are urged to stay indoors until it passes..*
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:44 am

Now we know which plane the spellplague jumped to...
Back to top Go down
Mr typoo1

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 12:37 pm

Yep done all that, its up and running on my end but need someone to test it from their end.
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:01 pm

Tried, still times out on my end.
Back to top Go down
Mr typoo1

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:04 pm

try now
Back to top Go down
Mr typoo1

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Can you use the chatbox?
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:38 pm

booya, it works again! cheers mattless Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

server timeouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: server timeouts   server timeouts Empty

Back to top Go down

server timeouts
Page 1 of 1