Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ISPs ...?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

ISPs ...? Empty
PostSubject: ISPs ...?   ISPs ...? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 1:47 pm

We're thinking of getting a new ISP, been with AAPT for a few years, but the package is outdated .

Want to avoid Telstra. Looked locally, but its a bit iffy.

Was thinking about iinet.

Any opinions/suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Mr Damage

Mr Damage

ISPs ...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISPs ...?   ISPs ...? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 3:15 pm

Ive been with ozemail, now iinet for like nearly 10 years now, decent service and support for my dialup account. There is ALWAYS someone you can ring(touch wood) My account is so old, it still has the 'ozemail' in the address lol. No idea about prices and stuff.

I was told that Internode were super fast, something about new technology, again, no idea.

http://www.internode.on.net/residential/broadband/adsl/

...my brother uses them and swears by them.

http://www.comparebroadband.com.au/?gclid=CNGNrcWs-54CFY0vpAodx1Iz2w

...also, I have wireless broadband with virgin. Decent price but annoying as hell sometimes. I think it is because I am on a hill however, sometimes great reception, other times, garbage, can't even connect. Think it has alot to do with other people using the network, like at 5pm hometime, and weather.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

ISPs ...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISPs ...?   ISPs ...? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 4:27 pm

The main broadband site I know of is: http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/

Hit the "Broadband choice" option on the left and then start with a few parameters to see what options are about in your area.

Their top 20 (based on number of registered users) is:

1 Internode
#2 iiNet
#3 TPG Internet
#4 Telstra BigPond
#5 OptusNet
#6 Exetel
#7 Netspace
#8 Adam Internet
#9 Westnet
#10 aaNet
#11 iPrimus
#12 3
#13 Amnet
#14 AAPT
#15 Virgin Broadband
#16 Comcen Internet
#17 People Telecom
#18 Dodo
#19 Spin Internet
#20 Beagle Internet
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

ISPs ...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISPs ...?   ISPs ...? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 3:13 am

yeah, id go with andy b and his recommendation, Whirlpool is a great resource for a lot of things internet related, and they have the most comprehensive ISP comparisons out there, as well as the fact you can read the forums on what people think of the isps as well. type in your phone number, first it will tell your exchange is enabled for adsl1, then down the list, it will let you know if any isps have their own ADSL2 equipment in the exchange as well as if Telstra has enabled ADSL2 at the exchange also.

best bet would be to do a plan search, you can do things like.. put in the maximum amount of dosh you want to spend per month on the plan, speed of the line you want, how much downloads, and it will show you a list of all isps that service that exchange and what options are available.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

ISPs ...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISPs ...?   ISPs ...? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:22 am

Yeah, check whirlpool/broadband choice. Although rather than the "who uses what" statistics, the most helpful guide is their yearly survey results - stats on customer satisfaction, service, reliability, etc, and the forums (dont be discouraged by complaints, though - look more at ratio of complaint threads to other threads).

I just signed with Internode recently, after research, and am finding it great. My impression from my research is iiNet has great value and good service, and Internode has good value and great service. Also look into the bonus features they offer. eg, node has unmetered downloads from all australian steam servers.
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

ISPs ...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISPs ...?   ISPs ...? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:28 am

Internode also have a great gaming community, with also unmetered content, as well as a very large file server with patches, game demos, ect all waiting for your unmetered download.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ISPs ...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISPs ...?   ISPs ...? Empty

Back to top Go down

ISPs ...?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aeon PW :: Player Discussion Area :: Player - Open Forum-
Jump to: