Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Running NWN in a window or handling two monitors...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ackptuoi

PostSubject: Running NWN in a window or handling two monitors...   Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:34 am

Anyone actually managed to get NWN to run in a separate window, and not minimise when you change focus to another window?

I got a second monitor now and while I get to see whats happening in the other windows, as soon as I change focus, NWN minimises.

oh and btw JB HIFI seems to have a good special on samsung 21.5" widescreen LCD monitors... 1920x1080 2ms response, under $300.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Running NWN in a window or handling two monitors...   Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:04 am

You can run NWN in windowed mode without too much trouble. IIRC, theres maybe a .ini file option to enable it.

The problem is, from memory it only runs at 800x600, you cant choose the windowed mode res.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ackptuoi

PostSubject: Re: Running NWN in a window or handling two monitors...   Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:07 am

Oh I should have mentioned, I know the settings.

Under display options
FullScreen=0
AllowWindowedMode=1

What it turned out I didn't know was hitting Alt-enter to get to it.

And yeah, seems 800x600 so far...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Running NWN in a window or handling two monitors...   Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:17 am

Worked out you just need to have the game resolution set to less than your desktop resolution, or it will default to 800x600.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Running NWN in a window or handling two monitors...   Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:44 am

I run mine on dual screens all the time and have the resolution in the ini file the same as my full size screen (1920 x 1200). Hitting Alt-Enter still reduces it down to about a quarter size though (so that is the default 800 x 600 I guess as Caff says). Anyway just normally run it fullscreen on my larger monitor and if I need to do something (like become an instant expert on the Times of Troubles after rolling a 40 Lore roll Razz) then I just hit alt-Enter and look stuff up on the other screen Smile.

Only issue I've ever had is that you need to refresh the gamma or brightness which gets a bit darker when I minimise by going into the video settings and back out again (don't need to change it just needs to refresh for some reason).

Also handy for having the toolset and game open together when testing Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mykael

PostSubject: Re: Running NWN in a window or handling two monitors...   Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:50 am

But note that setting the resolution of the window to the same as your desktop effectively prevents you from switching to windowed mode. (It does switch, but the window covers the whole desktop). Might work better on a dual monitor setup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ackptuoi

PostSubject: Re: Running NWN in a window or handling two monitors...   Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:37 pm

Well I am mostly looking to swap windows more often than now and then... hence setting the resolution to just a little smaller than the main screen sets in in a window and multitasking ftw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running NWN in a window or handling two monitors...   

Back to top Go down

Running NWN in a window or handling two monitors...
Page 1 of 1