Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Turn Undead damages creatures?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamoise

Jamoise

Turn Undead damages creatures? Empty
PostSubject: Turn Undead damages creatures?   Turn Undead damages creatures? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:40 am

Just wondering as ive noticed this a few times now since ive been turning a few undead lately, Im not complaining at all, but It seems that Turn undead half kills undead that are feared, and not killed outright, as far as i know, from all the articles on turn undead, its only ment to kill them outright, or fear them, or do nothing, not half kill them, I cant seem to find the article on the forums that say what spells ect have been changed on the server. But i was just wondering if this is right? .. oh, I also have the sun domain so that helps with turning even more undead.

Cheers

Jamoise
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Turn Undead damages creatures?   Turn Undead damages creatures? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:52 am

Turning has been changed as per this thread, but Im not aware of any changes that would cause you to damage undead when you should kill them instead.
Afaik, that thread is the only change... Although I suppose the damage might come under "other stuff". Would seem a bit rough to change it to suddenly only damage instead of killing without telling anyone, though.
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

PostSubject: Re: Turn Undead damages creatures?   Turn Undead damages creatures? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:57 am

no, they are getting killed just fine, but the ones that cant be killed because of their level and instead get feared, are also getting hurt, which is really good, but not how I remember turn undead was ment to work, cheers for the spell change thread, I couldn't find it for the life of me..

Jamoise
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Turn Undead damages creatures?   Turn Undead damages creatures? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:24 am

Ah, well thats a nice bonus, then. Kaboom!
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

PostSubject: Re: Turn Undead damages creatures?   Turn Undead damages creatures? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:27 am

yeah imagine my surprise when I turned 10 skeletons at once as well as fearing 2 orge skeletons to find they only have half their hitpoints when I get to them.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Grumble

Mr_Grumble

PostSubject: Re: Turn Undead damages creatures?   Turn Undead damages creatures? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:46 pm

Never played 3rd ed PnP... but in 3.5 Turning undead does damage based on cleric level and charisma bonus if I recall correctly. Perhaps there has been some changes to script to bring some game mechanics in line with 3.5 ed rules??

Just guessing.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Turn Undead damages creatures?   Turn Undead damages creatures? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 2:00 pm

The improved turn undead checks have a few variants based on the domains of clerics. The war domain will do damage so not sure if that is your other domain.

Won't mention all the others (as most you wouldn't even realise but they make logical sense based on the domain principle) but just FYI, spell focus, greater spell focus and epic spell focus in necromancy will also improve your turning ability a little bit Turn Undead damages creatures? Icon_wink. Also any turned creatures already won't count for a subsequent turning (so if there is a large group, you can turn twice to get all of them rather than the same half twice Smile.

Last edited by Andy B on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

PostSubject: Re: Turn Undead damages creatures?   Turn Undead damages creatures? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 2:01 pm

heh, yeah, actually, war is my 2nd domain >< fancy that..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turn Undead damages creatures?   Turn Undead damages creatures? Empty

Back to top Go down

Turn Undead damages creatures?
Page 1 of 1