Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guild Wars(Aeon off days)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hino

Guild Wars(Aeon off days) Empty
PostSubject: Guild Wars(Aeon off days)   Guild Wars(Aeon off days) EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 3:57 am

Who has any interest in maybe playing a game outside NWN? Game I am thinking of is Guild Wars, been out for awhile and shares a lot of similar traits with NWN. No toolset, but you get your own world to explore either alone or with friends if you want. Just invite them to your party and go explore and do missions together, without having to worry about other people ruining your fun.

Downside is the idiot spamming of people wanting to buy or sell some crap and most of us coming in new on it and not having any idea what the heck to do. It has two expansions out right now and I think you can get them all in one package with the original game without too much hassle.

Spor, need your opinion on this. You want to get a rather large group of Aeon players together and have an off day for some Guild Wars? Granted I can only play on weekdays right now, but it could change in the future.

What does everyone else think? Bad idea or a good break from Aeon and the heavy roleplay and deep characters?
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars(Aeon off days)   Guild Wars(Aeon off days) EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 5:37 am

Personally, I got bored of Guild Wars even quicker than I got bored of WoW...
But that said, I knew of even fewer GW players than I knew WoW players, so an organised group might be more interesting. One day a week might be fun.

More than that I wouldnt be interested, because I think most times Im on Aeon seem to be considered "off times" by everyone else, so if I play GW then, Id never get anything done in Aeon... I have enough trouble getting involved in plots even when I am online, without deliberately being elsewhere.

What about patches and expansions, though? IIRC, Ive only got plain GW, so expansion content would be out for me... (And isnt it three expansions out now? edit: Yeah. Factions, Nightfall, and Eye of the North expansions)
Hmm... I wonder if my old characters are still there.
Back to top Go down
hino

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars(Aeon off days)   Guild Wars(Aeon off days) EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 6:14 am

Ah, so it is three. It would only be one night a week, no need for more. Not trying to take away from Aeon at all. I do not have the game anyways, so no worries about that. Getting the other expansions is easy if you want to buy the DVD with it all on there. If not, that is fine also, play some vanilla Guild Wars and get used to it, then decide if we want to move on past that or just enjoy what is there.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars(Aeon off days)   Guild Wars(Aeon off days) EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:06 am

Huh. My characters are still there. They each have 3 birthday presents each in their inventory, which suggests to me its been over 3 years since last time I played Razz

Maybe I should make a new character and remind myself how to play. But I look forward to seeing anyone else whos online.
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars(Aeon off days)   Guild Wars(Aeon off days) EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:19 pm

Ill try and find my key, and cd.. im sure they are probably both located in separate locations and will require much searching. I also only have the original game.
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars(Aeon off days)   Guild Wars(Aeon off days) EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:22 pm

We're in......assuming Phae can get it running on my PC.
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars(Aeon off days)   Guild Wars(Aeon off days) EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:24 pm

.....oh, and apparently we still have to buy it. Ahem.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars(Aeon off days)   Guild Wars(Aeon off days) EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:27 pm

Jamoise wrote:
Ill try and find my key, and cd.. im sure they are probably both located in separate locations and will require much searching. I also only have the original game.
FYI, as I found out when I just reinstalled, you only need the key for account creation not for installing. So if you can manage to remember whatever email and password you might have used when you last played (assuming it hasnt been gathering dust since it was bought) you wont need your key.
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars(Aeon off days)   Guild Wars(Aeon off days) EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 6:41 pm

okay, so, I found I have 3 characters out of 4 possible used in my old account, I think we should maybe start new characters and let everyone know their names so we can add as friends in game.

My characters name.. I just made right now is Kristine Nessa
Back to top Go down
hino

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars(Aeon off days)   Guild Wars(Aeon off days) EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 9:07 pm

Perin Shadowblade is my level 2 character for now, I have others. But it has been so long, I may just delete them all and start fresh.
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars(Aeon off days)   Guild Wars(Aeon off days) EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 3:47 am

Lol just DLed the demo and played for a while. Its very ...colourful. Never played WoW or any of these kinds of MMORPGs so I was completely lost. However, it seems kinda fun.

I did notice lots of spamming on the chat channel, players trying to swop or sell stuff or recruit for their Phatlewtxerspwning guilds. But that all dissapeared once I left town and went out into the world.

It was strange. Knowing that I wouldnt run into any dickheads was comforting, however, also knowing that I wouldnt run into any other players at all untill I got to another 'town' was unsettling and rather lonely.

But. That said. An organised party event with a few players would be cool. Although...no dancing. Please.
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars(Aeon off days)   Guild Wars(Aeon off days) EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 7:25 am

DLed GOTY edition and upgraded my trial account.

Characters -

Armand Le Forte
Harlene

A quick question. Do you have to dual class? Seems the only way forward with the main plot quest is to take another profession. What goes best with a warrior?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars(Aeon off days)   Guild Wars(Aeon off days) Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars(Aeon off days)
Page 1 of 1