Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thoughts on areas

Go down 
+4
The Mad Hatter
Kat
hino
sporaxis
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

Thoughts on areas Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on areas   Thoughts on areas EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 7:44 pm

RIght people, here's your chance to comment on areas and also on what you would like to see. If an area is empty, speak up and tell me about it.

If you like an area, why, hate it why, think it could be better, why.

Not interested in bugs etc here.

If you think you can do better, put your money where your mouth is.

Spor
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
hino

Thoughts on areas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on areas   Thoughts on areas EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 11:26 pm

Damn, I think Spor just threw down the gauntlet and said "Put up or shut the f*^k up" Very Happy Or you know, I could just be reading too far into it, who knows!

First post will be by Toroi, after mine of course.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Thoughts on areas Empty
PostSubject: Formian Hive   Thoughts on areas EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:40 am

Formian Hive

Like - It has good atmosphere and i can see the form of a hive. There is good build up to it with the hills surrounding the hive, full of formians

Improvements - I think it could be moved closer to Stormy to be more appropriate for the level that would find it out of Stormhaven.

- A boss or some sort of climax to its story. At the moment you go down there and have a look and probably wouldn't come again.

- Loot is poor. Can't remember what you find it in down at the bottom but finding a club and some lesser gems.. wouldn't go again.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Thoughts on areas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on areas   Thoughts on areas EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:49 am

Orc Forest and Temple.

Like - Forest - good scenery, plenty of nooks and crannies that can surprise you. I like rping there, there are interesting things to investigate and speculate on.

- Temple -nice to have an area where a few skills are necessary to be able to complete it.
- loot very nice Embarassed
Improvements - Forest nothing

- Temple Boss at bottom could perhaps be more threatening and difficult. Atm its almost an anticlimax to what comes before.

- Same comment for loot, final loot spot is more often than not much less than what you have gathered along the way. So perhaps toning down loot on monsters and perhaps bumping up rewards for completing the journey!
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

Thoughts on areas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on areas   Thoughts on areas EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:22 pm

I like many of the areas, they are all quite challenging for my character. Although really, she never goes anywhere much and when she does she's not often on her own Razz

But an area that has loads of potential is the underground crypt/ruins in the Daggerdale swamps. There are 4 or 5 levels there that have soooooo much room and nothing much in them. Chumbawumba mingamunga's tomb....whoever he is on the bottom. That could be an uber hard level by the time you get to the very end. Twisted Evil

Anyway, that's my contribution.
Back to top Go down
Vorpal_Spork

Thoughts on areas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on areas   Thoughts on areas EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:56 pm

Well, clearly Hino was wrong. lol!

I rather like the new additions - they add a lot to the game. Just filling in the empty spaces a bit is huge! Love the recent work in the Wilds areas and the swamp is always a big favourite of mine.

I'd like to see more of the empty areas filled - Sapphire Lakes is a place I love for the ambiance, but never been anything there to visit. Some mobs and loot drops there would rock - maybe make them higher end stuff. Also, maybe turn some of the empty Northern areas near Hartwood into higher level areas with stuff like giants and such.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

Thoughts on areas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on areas   Thoughts on areas EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 1:12 pm

Good keep the input coming, you will note that Oronar Rive and Hile Forrest North, NE and NW now have populations. Of course the poluations need tweaking but they will be set up to have quests attached as well.

Spor
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
Squeak

Squeak

Thoughts on areas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on areas   Thoughts on areas EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 1:25 pm

The castle/manor thing East of Macys Inn is a lovely place for atmosphere, I've been waiting for the area to have something done to it since I first seen it months ago. At the moement there are no mobs or transitions into the building itself but the skeletons hanging in the cages and just the general look makes it one of my favourites.

Other then that I love the Ruins in the Swamps that Hatter was talking about, the general look and feel of the place is just awesome.

Also the little haunted cave in the Hile forest area atop a set of stairs in the cliff face. I always loved visiting that area even though there was no loot and very few lower level monsters.

For a challenge I always use to like the cave goblins, they were always out to give you a good beating in a party.

Squeak.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

Thoughts on areas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on areas   Thoughts on areas EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 1:49 pm

Kat:

Only 3 maps from Stormhaven to the formian hive, so not really that far away (if you go the direct route Smile).\

Squeak:

I have a plan for the castle/manor but I just need to work out the details in the advanced AI for the area to make sure it works without causing problems (for the module, not the players Twisted Evil).

Personally, I like the swamps (might add some variety to the areas at some stage Wink), goblin spider caves and was always fun soloing the gauntlet with my level 8 bard back in the day Smile (haven't been there for a while though now).

Some extra creatures around Hartwood would be nice, but I guess the trick is to not split up the players too much just yet or noone will ever see each other Smile.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Thoughts on areas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on areas   Thoughts on areas EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:57 pm

[quote="Andy B"]Kat:

Only 3 maps from Stormhaven to the formian hive, so not really that far away (if you go the direct route Smile).\

lol well by the time i found them i was easily able to do them and only went the once.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

Thoughts on areas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on areas   Thoughts on areas EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:37 am

Just realised I forgot to come back and reply to this thread...

The Aran Mines! Absolutely awesome... exploration, enough combat to keep it tricky, and a real cool feeling of actually descending into another place, cut off from the surface.
Theres a few parts at the moment in the far reaches that just... end. A few doors that go nowhere or block you. Id love to see whats beyond.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Thoughts on areas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on areas   Thoughts on areas EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:37 am

oh so you were just there exploring.. i see.. right... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thoughts on areas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on areas   Thoughts on areas Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on areas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aeon PW :: Player Discussion Area :: Aeon - Out of Character (OOC)-
Jump to: