Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Character being booted?

Go down 
+7
ChibiYali
Andy B
Mr typoo1
Kat
Squeak
DM_Phaedrus
Caffiene
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Caffiene

Caffiene

Character being booted? Empty
PostSubject: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:57 am

Im having trouble with my new character...

I created it and everything worked fine. Then I logged out to remind myself how I wanted to craft my armour, and now when I try to log back in the server is booting me.

I can log in fine with my other character, just not the new one. I cant even get in with it to delete it so I can recreate... Any ideas anyone?

... *thinks* ... Any helpful ideas?
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:09 am

Did you log out from the crafting area?
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:15 am

Yeah. Would have been too late to check how I wanted to craft, after Id left.

Will waiting for a reset to send me back to the welcome room fix it, then?
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:37 am

Waiting until reset use to send you back to welcome room, not to sure about now though.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:09 am

The reset does appear to have got me back to the welcome room.
Back to top Go down
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:24 am

But now we are all able to log in but as soon as we try to go into the game we are being booted.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:26 am

Im innocent!

But yes. There was a reset and we all got in ok (although for a while the server was telling us the server was refusing the connection because it couldnt match our password, or something), then after a few minutes talking in the welcome room we all timed out and now get booted when we try to enter.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:49 am

O.... kay....

Now I can log in without being booted, but all I get after the loading screen for the welcome room is a blank black screen.
Back to top Go down
Mr typoo1

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:53 am

Yeah get the same black screen. Very bad weather in Perth atm screwing with everything it seems.
Back to top Go down
Mr typoo1

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:00 am

Told spor, will fix when he gets back.
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 1:51 pm

Ah ..Black screen of death. Sometimes helps to adjust graphics settings in options before going into multiplayer/server.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 1:53 pm

The server sets everyone (except DMs) to FadeToBlack on entry whilst things initialise. Usually it means there is an issue with the connections to the DB or it is disconnected from a recent update.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 1:58 pm

Actually it went back to insta-booting after a few minutes.

A DB problem does sound plausible anyway, though. Im guessing theres some sort of hacker check for unrecognised characters with >0xp?
Back to top Go down
ChibiYali

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:49 pm

Still no fix, it seems.

That, or I am banned from the server and it's all an evil ploy out to make my life miserable...
Hmmmm.....

*ponders*

Oh, but a fix would be nice, you know.. So I can cause more chaos!
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 3:06 pm

pfft.......still being booted. And when I've got Friday off so I can stay up late gaming to....... *sobs*
Back to top Go down
ChibiYali

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 3:15 pm

Poor Jaks...

*patpats*

We could all go and hold ourselves a bejeweled tournament! Razz

*hides quickly*
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 3:49 pm

*sniffs* Thanks Chibi....I'm glad someone shares my pain.

And bejewelling is for girl guides and beauty pagent losers......lets go play skirmish!!! I need to get my killing in somewhere!
Back to top Go down
ChibiYali

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:18 pm

And here I was, thinking Jaks was a girl scout all over.

How deceiving first impressions can be *grin*
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:17 pm

Fixed, MYSQL service did not start up automatically after hardware was forcibly reset after storm. Need to look more into it to see if any flaws but server is up.
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
Vorpal_Spork

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 8:27 pm

Still booting me.
Back to top Go down
Warpgoat

Warpgoat

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 4:29 am

Its down again this morning, says its timed out.

If I dont get my gobbo grinding fix soon im gonna have to..... well I'll.... I guess I'll go walk the dogs.

Curse you RL Mad
Back to top Go down
Vorpal_Spork

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 4:55 am

Yeah, Spor was working on it late last night, but couldn't figure it out before he collapsed from exhaustion. Server won't be up until he has time to get to it again. I suspect not until after he gets back from work tonight, at the earliest.

Enjoy RL while you can. Razz
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 10:09 am

Hmm .. oh well ..

*rubs hands* Team Fortress 2 it is then ...
Back to top Go down
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 11:41 am

I'd just like to say that now i have been booted off the lounge and the kids are now hogging the tv, that i firmly believe that Spors employers should have given him the day off to work on the extremely important world changing project - Aeon. A study on how the universe could operate in a different time and reality, populated by the complete nongs that spend far too much time living in a fantasy world but in reality are able to smite dragons with a single flick of their little pinky...

So there...

You know you just wanted there to be something to read when you visited the forums for the 10th. . 20th? time today...
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 1:08 pm

Funny thing about employers, I have been given the afternoon off.....

Now working on it, early signs are good
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character being booted?   Character being booted? Empty

Back to top Go down

Character being booted?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next