Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Results from the Deck of Cards

Go down 
+4
Vorpal_Spork
hino
Kat
DM_Gormagon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DM_Gormagon

DM_Gormagon

Results from the Deck of Cards Empty
PostSubject: Results from the Deck of Cards   Results from the Deck of Cards EmptyMon May 11, 2009 8:07 am

Well, that was a surprise wasn't it! So much for the one off, kind of quirky, goblin mardi gras event that should have been over as soon as you all got back to town!

Ok, obviously some of you do not want to remain as the new alignment you were so unexpectedly delivered last night. Understandable. However, an alignment shift is no small thing and as such I'm having to put a great deal of thought into how you might be able to get your original alignment back. Hopefully I will have something sorted to post tonight.

I will probably expect pretty quick action around this, as the longer players have with their new alignment, the more likely the character will find they settle into their new found values and not even notice the change!

G
Back to top Go down
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Results from the Deck of Cards   Results from the Deck of Cards EmptyMon May 11, 2009 8:39 am

Wondered if it was as much a surprise for you as it was for us. Gave us some great rping opportunites and everyone seemed to get in on the swing of things even if they had no idea what was going on! Given already tense ic situations the hit just made things that much more spicy.
Back to top Go down
hino

PostSubject: Re: Results from the Deck of Cards   Results from the Deck of Cards EmptyMon May 11, 2009 8:48 am

*insert halfling curse words here* Who do I have to pay to get a shot at those cards? I would love to try my hand on them finally. Sounds like it was great fun and well done on following through with the Goblin Mardi Gras. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vorpal_Spork

PostSubject: Re: Results from the Deck of Cards   Results from the Deck of Cards EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:06 am

Errrr, as the one who actually used the cards, I would much have preferred to let you do it. Twisted Evil Not that losing 20k xp and all my equipment, in addition to the alignment change wasn't fun or anything . . . affraid

Next deck I find goes right to the nearest halfling. cheers
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Results from the Deck of Cards   Results from the Deck of Cards EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:02 am

One observation of whole event, and review of the logs was that people seem to equate Evil with Angry, overly sexual and so on. This became apparant via discussions and actions over the remainder of the night. I noted Lawful Good became Lawful Sexual, Chaotic Evil became Chaotic stupid and so on.

Note only an observation and I am not dictating how people play but regardless of evil or not a character still has base tendencies.

SPor
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Results from the Deck of Cards   Results from the Deck of Cards EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:42 am

The dm did give us directions as to the way the hit would have effected us at the time and one of those directions was angry - I am certain that there was no directions to go off on wild other tangents.. but they were very funny. IC Micho and Rains base tendencies well they do tend to be focused on women .. so it was not that much of a stretch. They are both always chasing tail ic so they just did it more aggressively and outspokenly..

Last edited by Kat on Mon May 11, 2009 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Results from the Deck of Cards   Results from the Deck of Cards EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:55 am

As I said only an observation, I do know people had a lot of fun, well mostly.
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

PostSubject: Re: Results from the Deck of Cards   Results from the Deck of Cards EmptyMon May 11, 2009 1:51 pm

Had I of actually got an evil hit I'd of RP differently at first.... it tock me a while to work out why the DM had suggested everybody was... loathing everybody and why people believed it was Rain fault... but alas it was still great fun even though I was completely confused for the most part only getting on five minutes prior to it happening and being fairly tired considering I had an exam in the morning i'd been studying for all day.

I look forward to seeing how the DM's and players deal with this.
Back to top Go down
DM_Gormagon

DM_Gormagon

PostSubject: Re: Results from the Deck of Cards   Results from the Deck of Cards EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:07 pm

I'll certainly raise my hand to stepping in and following up on some early mutterings and snippy comments. I have to say that as I was about to log, thinking it was all over and done for the night, I was quite taken aback when I got the tells saying evil hits had been dished out to one and all! Finding it both a big surprise, but also quite humerous, I didn't really know how to proceed! So I followed up on a couple of comments and suggested players may be feeling angry, jealous, and, yes, incredibly grumpy! I mean, you'd all just taken a huge swing in alignment, surely you'd have felt like you'd just woken up from a very, very heavy night partaking of some of the Smashed Crab's best brew!!

So, my fault all. Should have handled that a bit better. However, I also didnt' think the effects would be permanent! Shocked I figured that any time now, this will all just wear off and I can go to bed and sink into blissful dreams of goblin techno parties. But no.....it just...kept going.

Am still coming up with a way to sort it out, so bare with me.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Results from the Deck of Cards   Results from the Deck of Cards EmptyMon May 11, 2009 7:44 pm

Nah DMG, you are never wrong, know this. People have opportunities to rp, let us see what the cards have dealt us and how we play.
Back to top Go down
Dances wiv Shadows

Dances wiv Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Results from the Deck of Cards   Results from the Deck of Cards EmptyTue May 12, 2009 1:34 am

DM_Gormagon wrote:
So, my fault all. Should have handled that a bit better.

Number one rule of litigation is never, EVER admit responsibilty I blame Hino and I wasn't even there. Not even sure if he was.
Smite a few people to feel better is my recommendation.
Back to top Go down
hino

PostSubject: Re: Results from the Deck of Cards   Results from the Deck of Cards EmptyTue May 12, 2009 2:10 am

*blinks* You son of a....No, you know what, I take blame! I told you all to fear me! Terror of the North! You fools! Mwhahaha, this is only the first part of my madness! There will be more to come and you will not know it until it is too late!

*above is taken from chapter 8 of book five on "How to be evil" find it in your local shady shops, if you can find the shops in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Results from the Deck of Cards   Results from the Deck of Cards EmptyTue May 12, 2009 2:45 am

Don't worry, Tristan smelt a trap right from his early investigations (I mean it's not like the goblins do this sort of thing regularly) and avoided the bait. Obvioulsy it would have to be the result of someone short and goblinlike to be able to infiltrate the goblins and set up their plan so looking at ugly hins or gnomes Razz. Remaining good and pure, he will now extra justice on behalf of his god to those that have already admitted their guilt *looks at Frigo*. Razz:P
Back to top Go down
DM_Gormagon

DM_Gormagon

PostSubject: Re: Results from the Deck of Cards   Results from the Deck of Cards EmptyTue May 12, 2009 3:03 am

Can I have some PMs from people about how they want to proceed? Let me know if you want to stay as is and embrace the dark side, or if you want your alignment changed back. I'm still keen to see this RPed out. Remember that we can all have evil thoughts (I want to stab my boss in the eye with a sharp object; 10 points for running over that old person on the side of the road with the shopping bags; quick, lets tie a bow onto that dogs tail so it runs in circles for hours trying to catch it), however we dont have to act on them. If you dont want to be evil, then dont RP that way. Fight the tendency to make those kinds of decisions.

Alternatively, slip into that frame of mind like a warm and fluffy coat on a cold morning.......enjoy and relish.

Up to you. But PM me and let me know the following:

a) How is your character currently feeling?
b) How are they RPing this new set of morals and values they seem to have slipped into?
c) Are they likeing the change, or do they feel that they are going against their true nature?
d) Do they want to go back?

All responses will be kept confidential, so if you dont want to change back, I wont be saying anything publicly to anyone. Once I've gotten a response from you, we'll work the rest out in private. But basically, to go back, good deeds must be done. It will be a gradual process.

G
Back to top Go down
Vorpal_Spork

PostSubject: Re: Results from the Deck of Cards   Results from the Deck of Cards EmptyTue May 12, 2009 3:24 am

I don't think I've seen this Hino person actually ever play. But in the interest of community unity, I too will blame Hino for what has happened. This decision has absolutely nothing to do with trying to deflect blame away from Rain, its all about keeping us consistent as an RP community. tongue
Back to top Go down
hino

PostSubject: Re: Results from the Deck of Cards   Results from the Deck of Cards EmptyTue May 12, 2009 3:29 am

Fiend! I am never writing into your column now! *cries*. I would start a rival column, but honestly..Trying to compete against a bard is pretty foolish. So you can have that niche market. But oh you are so on the list!

Such racism towards hin. Razz
Back to top Go down
DM_Gormagon

DM_Gormagon

PostSubject: Re: Results from the Deck of Cards   Results from the Deck of Cards EmptyTue May 12, 2009 3:11 pm

Well so far I've only received two PMs regarding the alignment issues.

If I do not receive a PM from players who received the alignment swing the other night I'll just assume you are ok with your new alignment and leave you be. Wink If time is an issue for you and you cant address the questions I've asked in the next day or so, just PM letting me know you that you'll get to me soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Results from the Deck of Cards   Results from the Deck of Cards Empty

Back to top Go down

Results from the Deck of Cards
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aeon PW :: Player Discussion Area :: Aeon - Out of Character (OOC)-
Jump to: