Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Confused

Go down 
+6
sporaxis
Mr_Grumble
Vorpal_Spork
DM_Phaedrus
The Mad Hatter
Kat
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kat

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Confused   Confused EmptyMon May 04, 2009 6:30 pm

Alright, you generally know i was disappointed tonight. I just don't get what happened. And if i don't say something i will end up deleting or something stupid and i probably have the wrong end of the stick.

There are 5 people that have been involved in the baby plot and tonight other characters came in knowing more about the plot than the characters that had been involved in the plot for the last few weeks and had a special item relating to the quest. There may have been valid ic reasons for it, however it feels to me that we were sidelined. I don't understand why we were overlooked as vehicles to progress the plot.
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused EmptyTue May 05, 2009 2:43 am

Since i found the rattle, I'll assume you mean me. Didn't mean to step on any toes, my apologies. Cool
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:19 am

You werent overlooked Kat.

On the night Mr Baines claimed the baby, DM Gormagon and I set up some things along the port road where the characters caravan had been supposedly ambushed. Nobody went to investigate this, it was suggested, but the suggestion was not acted upon. We had planned that following Mr Baines to Aran City would not give up any clues, for a number of reasons. What happened last night was planned for. Due to various reasons the plot actually got stretched out longer than anticipated. PCs were meant to find their way to Hile Forest on the night that Mr Baines turned up. Not two weeks later.

There were more than five people involved in this plot, NPCs have a life too. When I DM, I see the world of Aeon as a much bigger place than just the players and there are lots of things going on. NPCs see things, know things and do things. And so do other PCs. PCs have connections in this world. All the connections lead somewhere, to other plots, sub plots, diversions, character backgrounds so on and so forth.

When the Police investigate a crime, there are many, many officers crunching the numbers and leading to dead ends. But somewhere along the line one or two officers may discover something important. But everyone gets a share of the credit. Why? Because its teamwork, its a part of a greater cause, its part of a greater story being told. There were many avenues of thought in this baby plot, but only one road leads to answers. Some of you didnt take that road. You werent sidelined Kat, you investigated an area that came up blank, but the RP was all good and the story has another chapter. It all gets rewarded.

It wasnt your fault that I have not been around lately to guide and nudge PCs and follow up on events. To me, everything makes sense, because I know whats going on. But I can only do so much and can only be on some of the time, and during that time I have to balance what I do and with whom. Yesterday and last night was the first time I'd had in a while to get things in motion. If PCs are running around in areas that are important to the plot and I'm not on, theres not a lot I can do, but try and respond to IC posts. Last night, I found PCs in the right areas doing the right things and responded likewise.

On a final note, Kat, you commented about the plot being turned into a 'kill fest' and that it all got rather boring, thats a shame because you missed the two to three hours of excellent RP in the church before you logged in.

And a DMed run 'kill fest' is different from a PC led 'kill fest' to the bandits previously? If you have a problem with plotlines, I will try to adddress them. If you have a problem with my DM style, then dont get involved. The Baby plot was DMed from the begining and belongs to the server as a whole (sorry, thats just a snipe in general, but as a DM I too have to get things off my chest).

Now I have to figure out how the hell to follow up on last night ...
Back to top Go down
Vorpal_Spork

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:05 am

Well, for my part, Rain had a total blast last night. The RP, both in the church beforehand and all through the event was very fun, especially all the distrust and dislike between characters. Kudos to all involved, players and DM, on that one. Didn't find it a kill fest, either -you'd expect to be killing nasty villains to rescue the baby (for the record, I think that comment just came because of some hurt feelings and is being taken much too seriously). Also, nice linking up of two plots to get everyone involved.

I do, however, agree with Kat that the main players in the baby plot were sidelined a bit. Things like finding the silver rattle would have been best found by Kainah and Ronin, since they searched that area extensively before Jaks got into the picture. That would still have left Jaks and Trey with their "sources" and the trail of traps, and allowed the main players in both of the plots to have input. I think its important that the DM focus on the world as a whole, but I do think that there needs to be some sensitivity to players that have invested a lot of time and effort into a plot, even if they don't always do what the DM hopes or expects.

Anyways, overall, this plot has been really well played out on both the DM and player sides and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Hopefully, we get past any unintentional slights and just continue to have a good time with this and any future plots. flower
Back to top Go down
Mr_Grumble

Mr_Grumble

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:27 am

Umm... yes .. I was probably to blame for the most part for blowing things out of proportion in the chat last night. Sorry everyone for resorting to TYPING IN CAPS and generally jumping up and down like an idiot ..... I was trying to divert the attention away from any possible grumbling (that's my dept Wink ) and ended up making things worse. I'll just blame it on the swine flu if that's ok with everyone ... damn mexicans... I'm sure I caught it in chat...

But I digress.. yet again.... As Ronin's player I was happy to have the two plots come together - he has built up a good IC relationship/conflict with most of the other PC's who frequent town... so in my opinion - the more the merrier. But heh.. I just wanna be everyone's friend Razz

As for the rattle... I think maybe it was left for either Kainah, Micho or myself to have had an equal chance at finding the clue.... it's just that none of us were in the right spot at the right time.

At the end of the day... I am glad we can talk about this out in the open like grown-ups (lol) and not have people stewing on stuff... much healthier this way.

Right .. I'd better get back to work before I get fired.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused EmptyTue May 05, 2009 12:17 pm

Well if you guys couldn't talk about this as adults, I would just lock this thread and then begin to grumble and ban.

Easier sometimes.

Spor
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
Kat

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused EmptyTue May 05, 2009 12:36 pm

Hah exactly.

I know i am the smuck that posted, but to imply that i am the only one confused is incorrect. I got a msn message from grumble as soon as i came home saying "you may not want to log in, our little plot has been highjacked", and then as i logged in two tells from Micho and Rain saying that "we had been hijacked" I got set up i tell ya.

Things belonging to the server as a whole is totally correct. I couldn't agree more. But I seem to have walked into a underlying simmering of concern that it is a trey jaks and phae server. Its just a game!

Cause i am the wally that actually said something publically, you can just beat me down to a pulp, luckily orca is good at picking me up.

Mr_Grumble wrote:
At the end of the day... I am glad we can talk about this out in the open like grown-ups (lol) and not have people stewing on stuff... much healthier this way.

Hah! I tried and everyone got offended.
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:01 pm

The night of the kidnapping I tried a number of times to set people in
the right direction having some clue of who was behind it all but not
knowing for certain every detail that I found out and not wanting to
lead as I had been going afk every 3-5 mins that night due to
illness.... however people choose to ignore me for the most part and
went to Aran which is fine considering Trey hardly spoke and didn't
want to lead compared to his normal self.

Well seeing as the message I've pretty much come up with since getting
back from being sick (after the incident above) has been.... we more or less don't want you around anymore.
Followed by messages from a couple of people of .... to qoute one "have
you got an issue OOC with me or something?" (this ain't a snipe at who
said this I still like the person and won't be naming them) and now
this entire event turning out to look like I'm out to kill RP for
everyone if myself or jaks isn't involved and more or less having
everything revolve around us...

I think the thing that has hurt/annoyied me most is the fact some
people from last night I believed to be having alot of fun and enjoying
the RP (with exception to Mr G he as spoke to me prior to all this
being blown out of proportion + last night + today) have been sending
PM's about.... stealing plots.... owning the server and what ever else
was flying around.

I'm just going to take a break from the server for a few days....
perhaps longer (perhaps alot longer) as I don't need the stress while
I'm still sick. Those I was in plots with prior to all this may PM me
if they need Trey for anything with a rough discription of what they
want to talk about and I'll try and make it to avoid screwing people
over however odds are I'll delete Trey when I come back.
Back to top Go down
Mr typoo1

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused EmptyTue May 05, 2009 5:16 pm

Come on guys we would not be on this server or the last if we did not enjoy each others RP. Lets not get carried away and ruin what we have going on here.

Yes I was a bit annoyed at what happened last night, but I could have chose to walk away and not go along with it. We all have that choice, but it was just too much fun to not be involved with the plot. Some of the best RP was from last night so lets not forget that.

Phae was right about the "Baby Gone Missing" plot, he did set that up for all of us to play out.
Some of us just chose to go another way with it and still had alot of fun playing it all out.

Also lets remember that Trey and Jaks are the only chars that are the original ones from when the server started back up again, so they would know alot of what is going on.

My fault in all of this is not posting enough on the forums about Micho and the baby plots to have any real control over where it would lead, but at the end of it all the plot line is a strong one and all of us should play it out till the end. From this we could create many different plot lines that are interconnected but still have their own identity.

All of our chars have good interaction with each other now and it would be a shame if people leave or delete due to this.

I suggest that we all take a deep breathe and relax a bit. Whats done is done what has been said has been said, lets leave it there and get back to what we all enjoy about this game. Role Playing really is that simple.

So if you're upset or angry go bash your pillow and then get back on the server so we can keep what we have going.
Back to top Go down
Mr Damage

Mr Damage

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:18 pm

anyone got any tips on how to light farts? scratch

....err, is this a bad time??

(well this is a flame thread isnt it Razz )
Back to top Go down
Mr Damage

Mr Damage

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:26 pm

Back to top Go down
hino

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:29 pm

*sniffles and wipes a tear from his eye* I am so proud of you all..First flame thread for the forums. It was tiny compared to the ones we had in Mysty, but still good.

Also to steal a thing from the WoW forums(95 percent idiots there), this thread is now about candy. Discuss.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused EmptyWed May 06, 2009 4:58 am

Best I lock this then, to ensure we are consistent. After all my first thread I have locked.

SPor
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused   Confused Empty

Back to top Go down

Confused
Page 1 of 1