Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Help!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Charity

PostSubject: Help!   Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:27 am

I've been watching a Japanese anime and I want to be able to translate some doujinshi (comics) that I found on the web. I failed Japanese in 5th form so I have to put it through an online translator.

My problem is that even with the Japanese characters installed on my computer I can't type directly in Kanji; I have to type it in romaji, then it converts it. But I have no idea what it would look like in romaji as I can't read it and there are an awful lot of Kanji to look through to see if I recognise one.

So the only idea I have is if I could copy and paste the Kanji directly from the page to the translator, but my comp registers it as part of the picture instead of as text. My question is ... can I make my comp recognise text within a picture as text so it can be treated like normal text and copied etc?

Stupid thing is driving me nuts trying to work it out lol, so any help would be appreciated!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr_Grumble

PostSubject: Re: Help!   Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:14 pm

If the text is part of an image - as in a scanned comic page - you may need to use some kind of OCR (optical character recognition) software that recognises Japanese characters? Don't know how accurate that would be with hand-written text.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr_Grumble

PostSubject: Re: Help!   Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:16 pm

Or just send them all to Toroi for translation Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mykael

PostSubject: Re: Help!   Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:24 pm

Google for Kanji OCR turns up a couple of programs - the cheapest of which is US$99.

There's something here: http://www.badongo.com/file/7642452 which might be a pirated copy (assuming the download still works).

There also seems to be a limited use downloadable demo available from here: http://kanjikit.net/kocr/kocrdownload.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charity

PostSubject: Re: Help!   Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:59 am

Thanks (although Toroi prob wouldn't thank Prof to be volunteered as the translation drone Razz).

Tried that program but am yet to get it to accept the wretched page; it's either the wrong file type, not black and white (it is black and white), or it's too big lol. Found out there is an OCR program in Microsoft Office but it needs a file that I cannot find anywhere, not even on the Office CD lol. The fates are conspiring against me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help!   

Back to top Go down

Help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aeon PW :: Player Discussion Area :: Player - Open Forum-
Jump to: