Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Exploring Aran Isle

Go down 
+8
The Mad Hatter
hino
Charity
sporaxis
Caffiene
DM_Phaedrus
Andy B
Ryxxa
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryxxa

Exploring Aran Isle Empty
PostSubject: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 7:09 pm

Anthatal has explored 84 above ground areas, and as far as I can tell, she's been everywhere...

Has she missed any?

[I confess this is by far the best server I've ever played on for solo exploration, the areas are quite beautifully arranged, and the temptation to look over the next hill is quite irresistible.
I know, I know, I'm supposed to be RPing!]
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 7:12 pm

Well there are 85 so you've missed one. Razz

[EDIT]: I did a serious count and looks like over 100. Also adding and changing some areas constantly so you'll have to go back and check them all again anyway just in case Smile.
Back to top Go down
Ryxxa

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 5:11 am

Excellent! Just what I wanted to hear! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 6:05 am

Excellent! Now we have a PC well versed with all the tacks and paths throughout the land.

IC Tourguide maybe?

Think you might have to buy a caravan and start taking PCs out on a magical mystery tour of Aran...

Like Andy B says, things are being added and tweaked, so dont expect those lovely quiet valleys to remain ... lonely ...

I have to agree, I find the server a great reminder for my old days when I used to walk in the hills of the Lake District and over the Pennines in the UK ... Of course that used to keep trim and healthy, I now have to contend with searing heat, blazing sunshine and rocky scrub. So now im just fat.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 6:13 am

Yeah its great for exploration.

My previous character Howl had explored 84 areas in detail as well Very Happy Although he'd been a half dozen more but wasnt safe to stop and have a detailed look.
The best fun was learning shortcuts to and from places. The reactions of "Hey... how did you get here so quick?" and "Where did you come from?" were always amusing.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 9:06 am

You will find htat areas are changing, but we are not notifying people of such. More fun if you find them yourself than handed on a platter. Previous areas that were barren as such are taking on a life,and may need smart play to wander through. Other areas are there just because they are cool and add to the world.

Builders alike are creating things and they are slowly creeping in to the world. What I have seen so far is rather sexy.

Spor
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 9:47 am

sporaxis wrote:
What I have seen so far is rather sexy.

Spor

They created a giant brothel? Razz
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 11:11 am

No.

Theres a calender of greased up almost naked DMs and builders knocking about on the server... Very sexy.
Back to top Go down
hino

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:30 am

DM_Phaedrus wrote:
No.

Theres a calender of greased up almost naked DMs and builders knocking about on the server... Very sexy.

This image I did not need! EWW! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:32 am

*ponders*

I imagine that trying to use a keyboard while greased up would be rather challenging.

Even more so if you are naked and trying to sit a well oiled bottom on a leather chair. Shocked
Back to top Go down
hino

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:44 am

..... Why?! Why Hatter, just why?! I curse my active imagination. Sad I need to get a leather chair though, snazzy.
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:57 am

Reminds me of a DM I had ages ago who made a joke about his crotchless DM panties. I'm very glad that was online and not in person DMing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 7:17 am

hino wrote:
..... Why?! I need to get a leather chair though, snazzy.

You need an Uberon chair like mine *nods head wisely*
Back to top Go down
Dances wiv Shadows

Dances wiv Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:12 am

The Mad Hatter wrote:
hino wrote:
..... Why?! I need to get a leather chair though, snazzy.

You need an Uberon chair like mine *nods head wisely*

UBERON - for all your professional gaming needs...
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:29 am

It strikes me that perhaps being oiled up is just a means of faster minion drops on unsuspecting players.

DM wrote:
Whoops. Where'd that goblin go?
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:30 am

You mean where'd that Ancient Red Dragon go. Razz
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:32 am

They arent as slippery. You'd need a lot of oil.
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:34 am

Dances wiv Shadows wrote:
UBERON - for all your professional gaming needs...

See? DwS has been converted to the awesomeness of Uberon..... Cool
Back to top Go down
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 4:41 pm

Heh i am excited i just found a +2 weapon of little uberness.. small things ..small minds.. er...
Back to top Go down
Toroi

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:14 am

Well, my mage has mapped the entirety of Aeon. Its pretty darn big! A few broken transitions I've come across, too. And noticed some areas have changed even between the time I started mapping and when I finished.
Back to top Go down
mykael

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 11:43 am

Can you send us a list of the broken transitions?
Back to top Go down
Toroi

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 12:41 pm

Yeah, I think I found exactly 3, but will recheck them tomorrow to make sure none were lag-related. Then I'll PM them to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Aran Isle   Exploring Aran Isle Empty

Back to top Go down

Exploring Aran Isle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aeon PW :: Player Discussion Area :: Aeon - Out of Character (OOC)-
Jump to: