Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Commonly Confused Words Test

Go down 
+7
Barry The Hatchet
mykael
Ryxxa
Dances wiv Shadows
Caffiene
Andy B
Charity
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Charity

Charity

The Commonly Confused Words Test Empty
PostSubject: The Commonly Confused Words Test   The Commonly Confused Words Test EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 6:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: The Commonly Confused Words Test   The Commonly Confused Words Test EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 6:56 pm

I think you mean "How well is your English" Razz
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: The Commonly Confused Words Test   The Commonly Confused Words Test EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 3:41 am

Me much english goodly.

Result

Question 31 is a bit strange, though. Both words are appropriate, so c should be the correct answer - a is just a more specific answer, not a more correct answer. (Although I answered b >.<)

Stationary/Stationery got me. I knew the correct definition for stationary, but for some reason stationery didnt feel right for the question. The other one that got me was me/I. Learned something new there.
Back to top Go down
Dances wiv Shadows

Dances wiv Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Commonly Confused Words Test   The Commonly Confused Words Test EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 4:09 am

Well I learnt english from the "Using English real good" book at school. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ryxxa

PostSubject: Re: The Commonly Confused Words Test   The Commonly Confused Words Test EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 7:01 am

Damn, I scored lower than everyone else...

A bit embarrassing seeing as I'm probably the only one here who is actually English! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Commonly Confused Words Test   The Commonly Confused Words Test EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 10:25 am

http://shortredhead78.blogspot.com/

Answer Key (only for those who have done the test Razz). A is the only right answer for 31. I fell for that one as well.
Back to top Go down
mykael

PostSubject: Re: The Commonly Confused Words Test   The Commonly Confused Words Test EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 11:08 am

Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: The Commonly Confused Words Test   The Commonly Confused Words Test EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 1:07 pm

Charity wrote:
A is the only right answer for 31. I fell for that one as well.
I still think it should be c. The answer key gives the definition for "hung" as "v. past tense of hang; to fasten from above with no support from below". That is appropriate for what happens in the execution, its just less specific.
Back to top Go down
Barry The Hatchet

Barry The Hatchet

PostSubject: Re: The Commonly Confused Words Test   The Commonly Confused Words Test EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 4:43 am

Back to top Go down
http://barry-the-hatchet.blogspot.com/
Toroi

PostSubject: Re: The Commonly Confused Words Test   The Commonly Confused Words Test EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 11:01 am

Well, I aced it, but I write for a living, so there wasn't anything new for me.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: The Commonly Confused Words Test   The Commonly Confused Words Test EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 8:29 am

This result may stun a few...

Your result for The Commonly Confused Words Test ...
English Genius

You scored 86% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 80% Expert!You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!
Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
Squeak

Squeak

PostSubject: Re: The Commonly Confused Words Test   The Commonly Confused Words Test EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 9:43 am

My results were as follows.... Also note I wasn't drinking due to not wishing to be fired from work.

Quote :

Advanced

You scored 93% Beginner, 79% Intermediate, 87% Advanced, and 67% Expert!

You have an extremely good understanding of beginner, intermediate, and
advanced level commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of
each of these three levels' questions correct. This is an exceptional score. Remember, these are commonly confused English words, which means most people don't use them properly. You got an extremely respectable score.

For the complete Answer Key, visit my blog: http://shortredhead78.blogspot.com/.

Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Commonly Confused Words Test   The Commonly Confused Words Test EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 9:58 am

Does that mean you usually drink before visiting forums lol?

Noone is telling which ones they missed. I want to see if they're the same as mine. Razz

And Spor I think you can spell. I just think you type too fast and don't proofread your posts before clicking the send button hehe.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: The Commonly Confused Words Test   The Commonly Confused Words Test EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 10:11 am

I don't see spelling or letter order when I proof read stuff. I can reread something a fair few times and not see an error. Still I am a genius and the proof is on the web.
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
Squeak

Squeak

PostSubject: Re: The Commonly Confused Words Test   The Commonly Confused Words Test EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 10:51 am

I drink whenever I don't have to work or drive somewhere. I've normally had a few before I play any game/visit forums unless I'm at work.
Back to top Go down
Ryxxa

PostSubject: Re: The Commonly Confused Words Test   The Commonly Confused Words Test EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 12:45 pm

*facepalms* My daughter beat me at this test and she's French !!! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
hino

PostSubject: Re: The Commonly Confused Words Test   The Commonly Confused Words Test EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 12:52 am

http://www.helloquizzy.com/results/the-commonly-confused-words-test/?fromCGI=1&var_Beginner=13&var_Intermediate=14&var_Advanced=14&var_Expert=6

Here is my result.

Your result for The Commonly Confused Words Test ...
Advanced

You scored 93% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 40% Expert!You have an extremely good understanding of beginner, intermediate, and advanced level commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of each of these three levels' questions correct. This is an exceptional score. Remember, these are commonly confused English words, which means most people don't use them properly. You got an extremely respectable score.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Commonly Confused Words Test   The Commonly Confused Words Test Empty

Back to top Go down

The Commonly Confused Words Test
Page 1 of 1