Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roll Call

Go down 
+11
Ryxxa
ReddyRedRooster
Dances wiv Shadows
Charity
DM_Phaedrus
thelasthairyhippo
Squeak
Andy B
Mr Damage
john
The Mad Hatter
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Charity

Charity

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 4:32 am

I was actually good and did mine in advance. Don't forget that Spor made a few adjustments to some files after he posted the main download.
Back to top Go down
Mr Damage

Mr Damage

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 5:52 am

Quote :
Are you using the CEP updater?

Im on dialup, which makes updating these enormous files a real pain in the proverbial. Currently strapped into a mach 6 internet cafe pc downloading the 1gig cep 2.2 and spors files. I downloaded the main file also the indvidual ones to make sure. (burning to cd) discovered that the third file 5.7 MB or whatever link is broken, Suspect diverts to the one above. Downloaded the tlk below that so hopefully when i get back home and slot all this stuff in, will be good to go
Back to top Go down
Dances wiv Shadows

Dances wiv Shadows

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 6:01 am

Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 8:02 am

It won't let me open that link - says it is for administrators only. Has it been deleted?

Eitherway I'm only likely a 10% chance of starting atm as I'm about to pass out from lack of sleep.
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 1:45 pm

Thanks for the fun Phae, was completely not expecting to see that there and the way of dealing with it. Also sorry for stuffing the event up a little, I didn't realise there was a special path we were suppose to take Sad.

Squeak.
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 2:06 pm

Ah no, my fault, I didnt realise there was such an easy way to the top lol. I guess Im not as familiar with the server as I should be. You were supposed to find the golem a little earlier too, had to adjust a little there, cant believe Plih sorted most of the giants before Jaks had chance to bring the 'cavalry' ....
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 2:22 pm

Yeah, and there I was, making decisions and getting people to do what they were told, and Plih goes and smites everything in one go. *sigh* Maybe we should just send Plih on his own from now on. *sits back and puts feet up* Yeah, I think that's a great idea!

Mads.
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 3:53 pm

Was really cool to have the riddle thing instead of just having combat. Made an interesting difference. Damn playing a low intelligence char though; I knew the answer to the last riddle but I knew Tethys wouldn't. XD I even tried dropping a really bad hint lol. And you left out some of the riddle too. Razz

As for combat, Tethys looks tough but she's a wuss sigh. Two deaths. I suck lol. Thanks to everyone for a fun trip though.
Back to top Go down
Mr Damage

Mr Damage

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 4:17 pm

err....*hides*

that was a real fun romp, thanks to the DM's and heaps of players that showed up for it. And I know where your coming from Charity hehe, just itching to give some input on the riddles too but knowing its out of character makes you have to bite your tongue lol.
Back to top Go down
Ryxxa

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 4:34 pm

It wasn't supposed to happen like that? Wow, I'm impressed with the ad-libbing then.

Good job Plih is so short, it let the archers take the giants down while he chopped their toes off. I think you'll find most of the corpses resemble pincushions Wink

I still think Tolkien got the answer to the last riddle wrong - how does darkness kill laughter? Silence fits all the other points just as well and the last one much better (ever tried laughing at your own joke that nobody else finds funny? Ouch...). So Gollum should have won the riddle game under Lonely Mountain, and just think what a difference that would have made to history (and to the New Zealand tourist industry!)

I was kicking myself afterwards, I should have passed Ant's +2 helm of intellect to all of you so you could have all joined in! Still, a good job that Hand drunk his potions, else we were dragon-fodder Wink
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 4:58 pm

LOL, what was everyone's intelligence? Tethys' was only 10.
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 2:16 am

I thought 10 was equivalent to an average intelligence so Tethys is as smart as the average Joe wandering around town. Surely capable of commenting on those riddles...... I mean, even Plih had a suggestion, and it was very helpful. I'm sure beans was the right answer, its just that the dragon got it wrong! Razz

Mads
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 2:56 am

If you ever think that your intellgience (or any other attribute or skill) is low but you know an answer OOC, then you can at least do a skill/attribute check and if you luck out with a high roll provide some answer, and if you are low then say nothing. At least it gives you the opportunity to have input on a lucky break and still be IC Smile. Some thing goes with high intelligence and a low roll - just because you are smart doesn't mean you know anything about native flora or demonic planes, etc. unless you've some background in researching it Smile.
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 3:18 am

As andy B says, I was prepared for dice rolls and ability checks, a character might have 18+ INT in game but that doesnt relate to real world player abilities. I suck at maths and had to rely on dice rolls a lot when playing a mage with 20+ INT and trying to solve complex alchemical problems lol.

As for the riddles, I didnt realise they were from The Hobbit I just googled riddles found a non referenced word doc and lifted a handfull from them about 5 minutes before you met the dragon lol. On looking over them now I can see that some are short, some dont make sense and some are just plain nonsense. The one with darkness is actaully repeated a couple of times with different answers such as silence and nothing. So I think the author has took them from The Hobbit and then thrown his own versions in plus a few that they thought were good riddles.

All in all I thin it worked out alright jocolor
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:52 am

No dice rolls required to stand around looking stupid. Razz

And OMG, you haven't read The Hobbit? affraid
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:43 pm

Ahem. I have read the hobbit ... I was about 12 years old, strangely enough I read the hobbit after reading Lord of the Rings. That was over 20 years ago.
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:46 pm

I've never read the Hobbit. Or any of the Tolkien books. Found them incredibly boring and pompous. Yawn. Movies were excellent though. Fantastic in fact. Books, b.o.r.i.n.g.

*waits patiently to be shot at with flaming arrows*
Back to top Go down
Dances wiv Shadows

Dances wiv Shadows

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:50 pm

*casts firebrand and flukes a roll where all 12 projectiles doing 12d6 damage hit Mads*
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 1:36 pm

The Mad Hatter wrote:
I've never read the Hobbit. Or any of the Tolkien books. Found them incredibly boring and pompous.

Well yes, Id imagine that sitting there not reading the books would be quite boring Very Happy

Quote :
Movies were excellent though. Fantastic in fact.
Interestingly, I had the exact opposite experience. The books were fine, but the only way I managed to bare sitting through any of the 3 movies was making incessant jokes every 5 seconds - the visuals were great, but I found every single "addition" to the original books to be completely insipid and infantile. Just thinking about them incites me to want to post 10 page explanations of exactly which parts I hated and why Razz

ETA: To clarify: I dont think theres anything wrong with liking the movies. I love a lot of brainless action movies, myself - theres nothing wrong with enjoying simply because its entertaining. I just dont like the LotR movies myself.
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 1:48 pm

I love the movies, they put me to sleep quickly when I have a big day the next day (I have great trouble sleeping at supposed normal sleeping hours). The books I love although I can't read one at night as I am most certainly not getting any sleep anytime soon when I start reading one.

However to get alittle more on track with the thread this weekends looking good to me (Friday, Sat and Sun) so there is a very good chance of making it, well for now at least Razz

Squeak.
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 1:58 am

Will await Phae and DwS to confirm a time for the second last installment. Stay tuned and I'll post when we've organised it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 10:56 am

How is Friday evening looking for those interested in participating?
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 12:35 pm

This whole weekend is out for me and with an early start on Sat, I probably won't be on very late on Friday (so unlikely but possible).
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 2:31 am

Can anyone interested in participating please post their availability so we know whether or not to move the date?

Mr D?
Squeak?
Dances?
Charity?

Anyone else?

Cheers
Mads.
Back to top Go down
Dances wiv Shadows

Dances wiv Shadows

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 2:34 am

Saturday night would suit me better I have had a few things come up and may have limited playing time tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roll Call - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call   Roll Call - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roll Call
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next