Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bugs, features, and oddities

Go down 
+18
The Sigil
Mr typoo1
Mr_Grumble
J-3
hino
Kat
Andy B
Ryxxa
mykael
Squeak
The Mad Hatter
Toroi
Relexx
DM_Phaedrus
Charity
Caffiene
sporaxis
TheSilentBugler
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Ryxxa

Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 4:15 pm

The 'blind' bug happened to me here once when it wore off after having darkness cast on me, but I haven't had any problems when resting with ultravision up.

And I'm happy with the changes to the belts, I agree they were too 'essential'.
Back to top Go down
Ryxxa

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 6:28 pm

Oh, and concerning Darkfire, Anthatal is getting +4 fire damage only.
According to the spell description, she should get 1d6+4, and was when the fire damage was added separately.

On the other hand, now it's added with the other damage, it's taken into account for critical hits, where it wasn't before.

Not that I'm complaining or anything, just pointing out the differences if something changed that wasn't deliberate.
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 3:18 pm

Can we get this "xxxxman belt" (where x is replace with which ever name) issue fixed... I bought a new swordsman belt expecting them not to be included in the script and when I just logged in pop my new one was now a lesser one as well.... In short i'd recommend not buying a 45k belt for a while....

Squeak.
Back to top Go down
mykael

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 6:24 pm

Ummm. The shops shouldn't be selling the old 5/- belts any more. Where'd you buy it?

What they should be selling are the lesser (1/-), normal (2/-) or greater (3/-) belts.
Back to top Go down
Ryxxa

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 7:13 pm

More importantly, where did Squeak's char find 45k to buy it in the first place!??? Wink
Back to top Go down
Toroi

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 10:49 pm

As of right now, the port trader in Stormhaven has the 5/- versions of the belts available for 45k+ gold (depending on appraise, of course). Never seen the nerfed versions for sale anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:10 am

Like Toroi said storm haven port traders sell them along side one of the blacksmiths in Aran. They were being sold at 45k each and that is why I expected it to be fine and not counted in the script. I've never seen the lesser/normal/greater ones for sale anywhere.

Squeak.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 3:36 am

Just remembered one I meant to post a while back.

If you hit rest in the welcome room, it gives you the "not safe to rest" message, as expected, but then if you select "Start where I last safely rested" you find that the last rest point has been set to the location in the welcome room where you tried to rest.

Not sure if it means a bug in the safe rest point system, or just a bug in the welcome room and resting there.
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 4:15 am

Caffiene wrote:
edit:
Also, I just noticed a slight bug. I accidentally hit rest in the welcome room - it told me it was unsafe to rest, but then when I spoke to robo-Sporaxis and chose "start at my last safe rest" it took me to the spot in the welcome room where I hit the rest button.

You did post it a while back. Razz
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 4:26 am

Doh. Very Happy Lousy early mornings waking up on weekends -... *grumble grumble*

Well in that case, im reporting that its still an issue Razz
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 1:24 pm

I just wanted to mention that I've noticed a bit of a bug when talking to Robo-Spor in the welcome room. Twice now I've selected "last place I rested safely" while another PC was standing beside me. Both times those PC got zapped to where THEY last rested while I stayed put in the welcome room!

Its a bit weird, and I justed wanted to warn others so they dont stand to close to another PC logging in. Smile
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 2:38 pm

Sounds like you've both clicked on him about the same time and the last person to click has been the object used when the dialogue option fires.

[EDIT]: Making the sporaxis NPC have the "no interupt" flag toggled on should do the trick (just have to make sure people don't block the entrance by not finishing the conversation). In the meantime just wait in an orderly line to go in.
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 4:41 pm

Andy B wrote:
Sounds like you've both clicked on him about the same time and the last person to click has been the object used when the dialogue option fires.

[EDIT]: Making the sporaxis NPC have the "no interupt" flag toggled on should do the trick (just have to make sure people don't block the entrance by not finishing the conversation). In the meantime just wait in an orderly line to go in.

Completely wrong, sorry if that sounded wrong. I was over 2 inches away and didn't touch "Robo-Spor" once as I was about to logout and didn't intend to go down, I was just talking. It reminds me of the boat/caravan taking other people to where ever although the leaving her there is interesting.

Squeak.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 4:52 pm

The code is using GetLastSpeaker() rather than GetPCSpeaker() so it is picking up the wrong person. Just talking would have made you the "last speaker" in the area but not the last "PC speaker" for the conversation.

Might be worth checking if any more of those are used incorrectly Spor, GetLastSpeaker() should really only be used for chat based checks (like possibly making companions talk, emotes, etc.). I've never used it before, only getPCSpeaker.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 6:49 pm

Good catch lads, will do so.
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
Squeak

Squeak

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 1:07 pm

Squeak wrote:
Can we get this "xxxxman belt" (where x is replace with which ever name) issue fixed... I bought a new swordsman belt expecting them not to be included in the script and when I just logged in pop my new one was now a lesser one as well.... In short i'd recommend not buying a 45k belt for a while....

Squeak.

Can I find out if this is fixed up yet/soon will be... also can I find out if I'll be getting a refund or brutally beating some merchant to death and talking with a dm about certain .... err that can be discussed with a dm if it happens to be required.

Squeak.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 5:24 pm

Hold off a bit on buying belts please.
Back to top Go down
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:21 am

sporaxis wrote:
Hold off a bit on buying belts please.

OMG you are asking women to hold off on shopping.. *shakes her head* it will never work Spor.. never work
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 4:53 am

Halp! The welcome room entry conversation is broken. Or, the database/variable is broken.

I logged in at the welcome room, and the conversation presented me with the "start at level 3" and "start at level 1" options instead of the standard "enter the world" options. Id rather not start as either, really, seeing as how Im already higher level than that Razz

Tested this with both of my characters, btw, and its happening to both.

So Id advise everyone to pay close attention to the welcome room convo unless you want to end up back as a lvl 3 with an empty inventory (Im assuming youll get sent to the equipment area as well, which will strip your inventory when you leave)
Back to top Go down
Relexx

Relexx

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 6:01 am

Caffiene wrote:
Halp! The welcome room entry conversation is broken. Or, the database/variable is broken.

I logged in at the welcome room, and the conversation presented me with the "start at level 3" and "start at level 1" options instead of the standard "enter the world" options. Id rather not start as either, really, seeing as how Im already higher level than that Razz

Tested this with both of my characters, btw, and its happening to both.

So Id advise everyone to pay close attention to the welcome room convo unless you want to end up back as a lvl 3 with an empty inventory (Im assuming youll get sent to the equipment area as well, which will strip your inventory when you leave)

You did read Andy B's post about monsters doing CD key checks and PGers ... Smile
Back to top Go down
hino

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 6:13 am

Same for me, which means Andy added me to the list just to spite me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 1:59 pm

SOunds like there is a new version of the module and the flag to check against the Database is disabled (and so it doesn't know you've been in before). Will be a Spor fix.

[EDIT]: Version D is up so yes the bad news is that the database probably isn't in sync, but the good news is the first of those monsters is now in at the DM's disposal Very Happy.

[EDIT 2]: Going through the intro menu again will set you back to the level you want and delete most of your gear so best to wait Smile. You can go into the OOC room from the welcome area, but you'll come back out into the welcome room if you try and leave.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 7:04 am

I can't access the server at the moment. Can anyone advise if the issue with the database, still occuring?

THanks

SPor
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 7:19 am

I can confirm its still happening, yes.

RoboSpor is still insisting he doesnt know me, despite repeated attempts across a few resets, and creative and colourful use of the emote wand in his direction Razz
Back to top Go down
J-3

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:34 am

sporaxis wrote:
I can't access the server at the moment. Can anyone advise if the issue with the database, still occuring?

THanks

SPor

There is still the database issue.

I went to Aeon Custom room by mistake! To scared to do anything in case I loose all my gear and levels..Awaiting fix and reset Shocked

I am soooo in need of a NWN RP fix too Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bugs, features, and oddities
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aeon PW :: Player Discussion Area :: Aeon - Out of Character (OOC)-
Jump to: