Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bugs, features, and oddities

Go down 
+18
The Sigil
Mr typoo1
Mr_Grumble
J-3
hino
Kat
Andy B
Ryxxa
mykael
Squeak
The Mad Hatter
Toroi
Relexx
DM_Phaedrus
Charity
Caffiene
sporaxis
TheSilentBugler
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Caffiene

Caffiene

Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 2:04 pm

Hmm. That explains the beautifully accessorised decor at the campsite.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 2:39 pm

I do feel they need some more flowers and maybe a Tasteful lamp. Velvet Buckskins anyone...
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 6:19 am

Killing creatures while possessing a familiar seems to cause a script error.

Specifically: nw_c2_default7 throws a DIVIDE_BY_ZERO.

The OID and tag appear to be correctly reporting the creature that was killed (assuming that is what the tag is supposed to be of). It seems to be consistent as far as I can tell - only really tested it on ants, but its happening 100% of the time.

Oh, and when it happens it breaks the despawn timer - the body of the creature killed stays there indefinitely (at least an hour or two, that Ive seen). I assume thats just due to the script not finishing execution.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 7:21 am

Cheers for that Caff. I have been looking at the logs and that one is the on death event. Need to go see what is happening. Seems to be only ants, can you do it with other creatures please and report back.

Spor
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 10:41 am

Just tested on a goblin with the same result.

edit: And judging by the debug message, I believe Kat may have just tested on a Forest Orc.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 11:16 am

Okies, hmm ok, I will add a heap of debug sometime late tonight, which may or may not appear in players logs, depending on my gut feel.

So bug only occurs when a creature is possessed, sounds to me like is is havign a hard time determining who the killer is, ie actual killer.

Spor
Back to top Go down
Barry The Hatchet

Barry The Hatchet

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 12:22 pm

From memory, that's an old Aeon: Frontier bug in the XP script that fires On-Death. I'm fairly certain Relexx fixed the divide by zero error at some point.

Also from (my failing) memory, the fix that Relexx put in place resulted in no XP being given for killing critters while a player possesses their familiar. It was an unfortunate side effect, to be sure, but it fell under the 80/20 rule of bug fixing* and we flippantly explained it away as a Custom Designed Anti-Exploit XP Integration System in that players who farm XP using their familiars are dirty rotten exploiters who should be put to death along with Harper Scouts, gnomes and other such cowards.

I'm sure it was something along those lines.

*The 80/20 rule was often confused with the C.B.F. debugging technique also employed on Aeon: Frontier.
Back to top Go down
http://barry-the-hatchet.blogspot.com/
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 1:03 pm

ROFL*

* May contain nuts
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 2:13 pm

I think I probably know where to look for this bit of problem code, but I'll post it in the builders forum Smile.

[EDIT]: Actually there are only 3 spots in the detah code that have divisions and the at least look like they should be okay with checks for zeros.... might need some debug code to check those out after all Smile.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 2:49 pm

sweetage
Back to top Go down
Barry The Hatchet

Barry The Hatchet

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 2:58 pm

I'm telling you; Relexx's bugs can't be squashed. They are like the undead of computer code. They rise up from the grave again & again. My money is on the XP scripts at the point where the script is looking for the PC object to award the XP to.

In fact, may God take away my stunning good looks and congenial personality if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Well from what I can see, all of the divides are done in the calculating of xp based on partysize and it says that if the familiar is possessed that the party size should be zero, and thus a divide by zero error....

As said though from a quick look, the checks for zeros seemed to all be covered in the three divisions Smile.
Back to top Go down
Relexx

Relexx

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 8:06 am

And the reason for setting party size to zero is because you are unable to get the true CR/HD of the killer. It was done to cover a feature/bug/exploit ...
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 10:37 am

Reality Check, BTH has a congenial personality and good looks?

Relexxs bugs are like undead?

And I am an UBER Scriptorz thingo.

Hmm wonder if we can drop a code trap in to capture the possessed fam and apply a modified xp statement?
Back to top Go down
Barry The Hatchet

Barry The Hatchet

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 11:36 am

QFT
sporaxis wrote:
BTH has a congenial personality

Why thank you Spor. I'll remember you said that.
Back to top Go down
Relexx

Relexx

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 1:15 pm

sporaxis wrote:
Relexxs bugs are like undead?
What type of undead are we talking about?
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 11:32 am

Have there been any changes to the Wilds in the last few days?

Trying to transition to "Wilds" from the goblins to the north is crashing my NWN. Its happened over 2 resets and stops me logging in for the rest of the reset because I cant enter Aeon without crashing... I dont know if anyone else is having the problem, but there are far too many unexploded kobolds for my liking, right now.

edit: Ive tried waggling all my graphics settings around, to no avail.

edit edit: Nevermind. Looks like it was a problem my end.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 2:39 pm

sporaxis wrote:
Cool thanks for letting me know, I know what bug is now.

SPor

Not sure if you fixed the known bug or not, but resets aren't announcing themselves at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:57 am

Ive been noticing a few problems with some of the conversation scripts... Mainly seems to be a problem with "last speaker" stuff.

Specifically: The entry room "Start me at..." and the ship captain/wagon train/etc "Take me to..." scripts have a lot of trouble dealing with other chat in the vicinity. If somebody else speaks, in regular chat, while a character is going through the NPC conversation, theres a good chance of unintended results. In the past Ive been "started in stormhaven" because I was chatting in the welcome room when somebody else tried to enter, and last night I was emoting while Ronin tried to use the wagon to Aran and it ended up that Ronin got transported but I was the one that had the gold removed from me (Dont know if Ronin had gold taken as well or not).

Im not sure if theres an easy fix or not, but it can be quite tough having your gold stolen or if, say, a level 3 got teleported to the "Start at last resting place" of a level 15 or so.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 8:14 am

Oh, and separate tiny thing: The boat captain from Aran to Stormhaven announces "Gather round all those for Fenhold" in his conversation. (Still goes to the right place, though)
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 8:17 am

I picked this up on the welcome room chat earlier, but I'll check the code again to see where else it is using the wrong function call. Basically as you say it is getting the last person to speak, not the person who spoke in the conversation. Shouldn't be too hard to find those instances in the code.

Also with the caravans, everyone in the area of the caravns/boat at the time of the conversation will be jumped and gold removed from each (basically if you're on the boat or in the pen then you leave with it). Only exception is if you don't have enough money Smile.

Conversation script saying Fenhold is also picked up and waiting to be updated in the module (along with about 7 or 8 other hings I found over the last week doing some through tests of almost all the areas Smile).
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 8:20 am

*thumbs up*

Andy B wrote:
Also with the caravans, everyone in the area of the caravns/boat at the time of the conversation will be jumped and gold removed from each (basically if you're on the boat or in the pen then you leave with it). Only exception is if you don't have enough money Smile.
Hmm... its possible that thats why the money was removed, then. If so, then the bug is that I didnt get ported. Oh, and Im remembering now that I seemed to get a fall-over emote for some reason... Strange.
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 11:53 am

Caffiene wrote:
*thumbs up*

Andy B wrote:
Hmm... its possible that thats why the money was removed, then. If so, then the bug is that I didnt get ported. Oh, and Im remembering now that I seemed to get a fall-over emote for some reason... Strange.

You were obviously too drunk and they wouldn't let you on. Laughing Then someone pickpocketed you while unconscious. Razz
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 1:59 pm

Starting area jump should be fixed when Spor can put the code in, but I think that the caravans should be working properly if people are in the transition area and have the cash when the conversation accepts the ride.
Back to top Go down
ackptuoi

ackptuoi

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 5:43 am

Magic Circle Against Alignment...
Spellbook says 1 hour per level.

Stand still and it lasts, well at least 30 seconds.
Move and it lasts no more than 8 seconds real time.

Am I missing something here?
Admittedly haven't used it in some time, but I remember it moving and lasting.
And both prot evil and prot good have the issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bugs, features, and oddities
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aeon PW :: Player Discussion Area :: Aeon - Out of Character (OOC)-
Jump to: