Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Trinity or Triad

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kat

PostSubject: Trinity or Triad   Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:20 pm

The church in stormhaven is called Church of the Triad, inside everyone is called and talks about the Trinity. Is this on purpose or a typo?

To me a triad has drug conatations rather than some sort of holy order..

Just wondering Spor..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Trinity or Triad   Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:07 pm

Obviously you haven't been downstairs then... Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Trinity or Triad   Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:49 pm

*watches Brissa rush off to see what's downstairs*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Trinity or Triad   Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:16 pm

From wikipedia:

Quote :
Religion

• Triad, three deities commonly associated together

Just western culture stereotypes making that association Kat - heaps of other uses of the word in other contexts Smile.

Oh, and I don't think most PCs would be able to get downstairs anyway without a great degree of cunning Wink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Trinity or Triad   Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:39 am

Andy B wrote:
Obviously you haven't been downstairs then... Razz

lol no.. oh dear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Trinity or Triad   Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:36 am

I may be wrong and spor will correct me, but amongst other things on the server, there are changes currently running to establish aeon as a forgotten realms server as opposed to the original server.

The trinity v. triad may be a result of this and is part of a larger ongoing tidying up process.

Aeon is going to be growing and adapting and bearing fruit as we go, so there maybe inconsistancies here and there, hopefully we can roll with it in good humour and make of it what we can IC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sporaxis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trinity or Triad   Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:32 am

Trinity, vs Triad is deliberate due to how the polulance discusses or views things. I do agree that the Triad has connatations that are negative in current culture and will potentially remove that reference iif it is a real sticking point. The Server as a whole is moving towards a FR feel as it had a custom setting prior to this release.

These little quirks may disappear or stay, depending on impact to experience, though thanks for pointing it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
Baron

PostSubject: Re: Trinity or Triad   Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:21 am

Triad is a common word, a group of three. Three, on the otherhand, is a mobilephone company and to avoid costly legal action we should avoid using it.

Trinity is too closely associated to another religion to be useful. But then again, perhaps it better belongs here in a fantasy world and I would recommend it employed less frequently in the real world. I will PM the Pope. Brace for a flood of Catholic registrations and their dreary sigs quoting Psalms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=471331
au_armageddon

PostSubject: Re: Trinity or Triad   Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:51 pm

Baron wrote:
Trinity is too closely associated to another religion to be useful.
It's a movie not a religion, a triad even. The religion reference (before Neo's gfriend commandeered it) is prolly better labelled a (schizophrenic) triumvirate than a trinity. The Father is the Alabama man, the one who stomps abouts shouting who's your daddy while raping and beating. The Son is the whiney, petty, jealous, ADHD attention whore and the Holy Ghost is the mum - lyin and walkin into doors, stupid and pathetically spinning the bullshit of the other two "it was only a test hehe, he dint mean it hehe - you know how he gets hehe", "he loves you, I know he does... it's just...his way hehehe", "um... hey look! ew FAGGOTS!".

Happy to help.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baron

PostSubject: Re: Trinity or Triad   Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:35 am

Tsk... didn't I tell ya they would come. Nice sig

You need to quit your job. By talking with the headcases all day its shattering whats left of your respect for humanity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=471331
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trinity or Triad   

Back to top Go down

Trinity or Triad
Page 1 of 1